Steve Straus is a Chief Advisor of Ophthalmology and Dermatology Provider Platforms at Scale Physician Group.
– 40 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
– 25 years of senior management experience.
– Former CEO of LCA Vision, turned around 78-unit Lasik surgery center business.
– Former Senior Vice President of Medical Care America / HCA Healthcare, grew operating profit 19% in 4 years.
– Former President & CEO of Sona Dermatology and MedSpa.
Steve has over 40 years of experience in the healthcare industry and 25 years as senior management in both supplier and provider sectors and in public and private companies ranging from start-up ventures to PE mid-cap businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
Steve is the former CEO of LCA Vision where he successfully turned around the 78-unit Lasik surgery center business by reducing operating expenses and improving operational metrics. He was also Senior Vice President of Medical Care America / HCA Healthcare, which during his tenure performed 8% of all cataract surgeries in the U.S., and was able to grow operating profit 19% in 4 years’ time in the network of 136 single and multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers.
Previously, Steve was the President & CEO of Sona Dermatology and MedSpa, Group President at Jordan Industries, and held several leadership positions at Baxter Healthcare & American Hospital Supply Corporation.
Steve serves on a variety of non-for-profit and PE sponsored healthcare services company boards. He is a former recipient of the HCA Healthcare Presidents Award and Malcolm Baldridge Quality Award. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire and is an Eagle Scout.