Scale Solutions: Marketing
In today’s world of increased information sharing and savvy patients, strategic marketing has become even more important for physician platforms to increase their exposure, build brand awareness, attract new patients, and gain market share.
However, many physician groups do not have the time or resources to implement, maintain, and track the progress of their marketing efforts. Scale Physician Group helps our physician partners navigate their initiatives while providing insight into industry best practices, encouraging continual progress, and overseeing inter-departmental communication. We place significant importance on setting, measuring, and adjusting Key Performance Metrics to ensure your marketing program provides the best ROI.
- Who currently manages your platform’s marketing efforts? How is success tracked?
- What tools do you currently use to market to patients?
- When was your website created? Is it updated on a regular basis?
- How many online profiles do you have, how are they updated, and which are performing best?
- Do you have a social media presence? Who manages the content shared on these platforms?
- Do you have a SEO plan? How are you measuring the success of your website and online presence?
- Do you pay for advertising (print, TV, digital)?
- Do you have a clear message, mission statement, unique value proposition in your materials? Has this message been communicated internally so all departments are consistent brand ambassadors?
- Have your physicians authored articles, white papers, etc.? Are they available for the public to read?
- Do you participate in community engagement events?
STEP 1: Understand the current state
Deeply understand the current state of marketing efforts, how they are performing, who is managing them, and how they’re communicated internally. Understand overall goals.
STEP 2: Conduct a competitive analysis
Conduct a competitive analysis with the platform’s top competitors including website features, search rankings, social media content, advertising, and messaging.
STEP 3: Provide recommendations
Develop recommendations for top marketing initiatives to meet goals, stay within budget, and provide the best ROI.
STEP 4: Develop marketing calendar
Develop a calendar of deliverables, execute on recommendations, and implement a system for tracking progress and reporting for on-going status transparency.
STEP 5: Monitor results and performance
Monitor results and performance, demonstrate that results achieved align with originally communicated goals; identify the next round of value add target initiatives to achieve evolving marketing initiatives.
Our Client’s practice was not showing up on the first page of an organic search for their keywords. Our Client was staying busy with Medicare patients through hospital referrals, but their two main competitors were dominating the commercially insured market through direct to patient marketing. Our Client did not have a marketing partner to make recommendations, implement changes, and track progress of new marketing initiatives.
The Scale Physician Group marketing and communications team reviewed the Client’s challenges and selected a partner who specialized in copywriting, video production, and SEO for the healthcare industry. Our team enforced a system of monitoring and measuring performance metrics and participated in weekly team meetings to ensure progress was being made.
Boh Hatter is a Chief Advisor of Marketing Strategies at Scale. He has more than 30 years of experience as a marketing executive and brings a wealth of marketing strategy, messaging, and campaign development skills to our team through our third party partner, Sage Growth Partners.
Dan is a Chief Advisor of Marketing Strategies at Scale. He is also CEO of Sage Growth Partners (SGP). In his 12 years with SGP, Dan has held progressively responsible roles that include serving as Director of Corporate Development, General Manager of Strategy, and Chief Operating Officer.
Susan is Vice President of Marketing and Communications at Scale. She has over 12 years of experience in marketing, communications, and event marketing for public, private, and non-profit institutions.