Scale Solutions: Ambulatory Surgery Center
Scale Physician Group’s Co-Founders, Roy Bejarano and Jason Schifman, built Frontier Healthcare, an Ambulatory Surgical Center development and management business that was founded in 2010 and sold in April 2017. At the time of sale, it was the largest ASC management company in New York.
Scale’s executive leadership developed and managed 15 new ASCs representing over 130 partner physicians, 150,000 procedures per annum, and full in-house anesthesia services through their former company, Frontier Healthcare. Frontier Healthcare’s wholly owned management and billing operations employed nearly 100 full time employees responsible for:
- Business plan development and entity formation through Certificate-of-Need licensure application, construction, regulator site surveys, and pre-opening operational ramp-up.
- Post-opening operations, regulatory compliance, and financial oversight.
- Robust portfolio of on-going strategy, growth, and development initiatives implemented across the network.
- Revenue cycle management including benefits verification & authorization and full claims processing services across 250,000+ claims per year.
- Arranging and managing more than $40 million of debt across its ASCs.
The ASC network delivered high quality care to approximately 150,000 patients each year at a lower cost versus alternative sites-of-service. It was the largest ASC management company in New York at the time of its sale in 2017 to Kelso & Company-backed Physicians Endoscopy with many of its ASCs being the largest, most successful ASCs in the country.
Physicians retained majority ownership in the ASCs even in the case of four centers who ultimately realized a liquidity event after Physician Endoscopy’s acquisition of Frontier Healthcare.
Roy is the Co-Founder and CEO of Scale. Previously, Roy was Co-Founder and President of Frontier Healthcare, which was the largest ASC management company in New York at the time of its sale to Kelso & Company-backed Physicians Endoscopy in April 2017.
Jason is the CO-Founder and President of Scale. Previously, Jason was a Partner & Vice President of Finance at Frontier Healthcare, which was the largest ASC management company in New York at the time of its sale to Kelso & Company-backed Physicians Endoscopy.